- In This Section
- Service Area
- Events and News
- Press Room
- Annual Report
- Success Stories
- Economic Impact
- CARF Accreditation
- Youth Adventures
About Goodwill Industries of the Valleys
Goodwill Industries of the Valleys is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping people with disabilities and disadvantages overcome barriers to employment. We provide workforce development programs that empower people to achieve and sustain a level of independence to participate more fully in life.
Our programs are primarily funded through the collection and sale of donated goods. We also rely on the generous financial support of individual and corporate donors.
A key component of our mission is the industrial services we offer to business and industry, which provides the training and employment opportunities for individuals participating in our workforce development programs.
Goodwill Industries of the Valleys is part of a network of local, autonomous Goodwill member organizations in the United States and Canada. Each Goodwill operates under the umbrella of a common mission; however, each functions as an independent organization with its own programs and locally-elected board of directors. Goodwill Industries International links all Goodwill members together to ensure quality standards, shared leadership, and a fluid exchange of ideas throughout the Goodwill movement.
Goodwill Industries of the Valleys is also a member of the Virginia Goodwill Network, which encourages collaboration among Goodwill organizations in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Helping people and families in our community achieve a better life through work and independence.
Through the work of Goodwill, people will have the opportunity to achieve their greatest potential.
Values are our beliefs in action. They guide our behavior as we take action on a day-to-day basis to realize our mission and our vision. Our core values become the essence of our organizational philosophy and become the underlying principles in which we operate. Our values include:
- Respect. We treat all people with dignity and respect
- Stewardship. We honor our heritage by being socially, financially, and environmentally responsible.
- Ethics. We strive to meet the highest ethical standards.
- Learning. We challenge each other to strive for excellence and to continually learn.
- Innovation. We embrace continuous improvement, bold creativity and change.
- Collaboration. We will work collaboratively with community organizations as well as fellow teammates to advance the mission of Goodwill.