Goodwill Business Services provides outsourcing options for local manufacturing and light industrial businesses. We offer assembly, kitting, packaging, and product manufacturing to accommodate both long and short-term projects. Our Specialty Wood department makes precision-cut wood products, as well as shipping containers designed to customer specifications. Our main facility is an ISO 9001-2015 certified manufacturing location.
Our Custodial and Floor Care division provides on-site routine, deep clean and disinfection services for commercial buildings including offices, manufacturing, and educational facilities throughout our 35 county, 14 city service area in Virginia. We also provide after-hours floor strip and wax services.
Goodwill Business Services provides quality products and services at competitive pricing. Our customers help support Goodwill’s mission to provide work and training opportunities for individuals while also receiving quality products and services.
Benefits for Your Business
- High quality service at a competitive price. You also provide work opportunities for people with barriers to employment.
- Our employees believe in the mission of Goodwill: Empowering Individuals. Strengthening Facilities. Inspiring Communities.
- Your business supports a local nonprofit and helps to fund the Goodwill mission.
What Makes Goodwill Different?
- We strive to provide top quality products and world class customer service.
- Goodwill is a nonprofit dedicated to serving our mission.
- We recognize that everyone is created with certain strengths and gifts. We match people with jobs where they will be successful.
- We provide trained, efficient, and safe staff to meet your business needs.
Production & Assembly
Look around your work floor. There are any number of jobs that are not core to your business but are being staffed out of necessity. Goodwill offers quality assembly that is cost effective and helps clear your work floor for core business.
Do you have an assembly project that is not suited to high speed automation or is required only periodically? Goodwill’s flexible workforce can meet your production needs at one or more of our facilities.
Goodwill offers a parts kitting service that pulls together all the materials you require, constructs the optimal kit for your needs, and ships the kits to their final destinations.
Goodwill handles projects of varying scopes and sizes. Whether it is parts kitting or receiving components from multiple suppliers and putting all of it together, Goodwill will get the job done on-time and on budget. Our parts kitting team works with a variety of materials including metals, plastics, and wood and has the capability to bolt, solder, glue, screw, and tape, whatever the job entails.
We service customers who have SKUs for more than 200 kit sets. Goodwill’s workforce will deliver successful parts kits in the most demanding time frames so you can meet your customer’s needs.
Goodwill produces finished goods and sub-assemblies from raw materials. We specialize in lower volume manual and semi-automatic manufacturing. Specialized capabilities include manufacturing wood parts cut with CNC routers. Our Specialty Wood department produces outrigger pads used in the power industry and truck components used in class 8 commercial trucks. Our customers are world class and demand high precision products, on time and to specification.
Goodwill provides a variety of services to help businesses manage their products once manufactured.
Services include repackaging, relabeling, inspection, refurbishing, sorting, end-of-life recycling, or a combination of these activities. Companies, including our own retail stores, have relied on our reverse logistics services.
Keep your company’s focus on the core activities, and let Goodwill handle the rest.
Packaging products for shipment is a necessary activity of many businesses, but it is not the work that drives profit for the business. We can help you meet your goals through cost effective and custom solutions to your packaging needs.
Custom Wood Crates
We manufacture custom crates providing extra product protection for domestic or international shipment. High quality and cost effective, the crates are built to customer specifications. Kiln dried and heat treat certified lumber is available. The custom crates are designed to be easily accessible with a forklift or standard hand jack.
Dunnage and Cut Lumber
Sorting and palletizing of dunnage enables companies to cost effectively recycle wood packing material. We can also produce new wood packaging material and cut lumber to customer specifications.
Automated packaging is core to what Goodwill does, and our capabilities in this area make us an excellent outsource partner. We heat seal, blister pack, pack out cartons to plan and ship it to you or the end customer. We have the ability to accommodate customer-owned equipment at our facilities to fulfill your packaging needs.
Custodial and Floor Care Services
Goodwill provides custodial services throughout our 35-county, 14-city service area of Virginia. We take pride in working with our clients to develop a plan based on their individual business needs.
We provide our custodial customers with a dependable, pre-screened team to meet your custodial needs. We use up to date equipment, and cleaning products that are eco-friendly. We conduct monthly site inspections to identify improvements and opportunities.
When you work with our Business Services team you have peace of mind that someone will always be on the job to meet your custodial needs. Our team works flexible hours to respond to your business’ needs.
We perform background and drug testing for all employees. Our employees receive training including blood-borne pathogens, hazardous communications (SDS), and general cleaning standards.
For more than 20 years, we have worked with local government and educational facilities, churches, commercial businesses, and property management and today we clean over one million square feet of space each week.
- Custodial – We provide custodial services in offices, medical and educational facilities, industrial and warehouse space, and many other types of property. Services are available seven days per week or as needed by your business. Supplies and equipment can be included.
- Day Porter – Uniformed employees provide custodial services and other operational tasks. Day Porter services are available seven days a week as a part of your contract as needed.
- Tile Floor Striping and Re-Finishing – Our floor care team can refinish all hard surface flooring.
- Construction Cleaning – We provide cleaning after your project is complete and prior to moving in. We also provide cleaning when your property has been vacated.
- Carpet cleaning and Grounds Maintenance can also be included for our custodial services clients.
Contact us today for your customized quote! Email email@example.com or call (540) 581.0620.