YouthBuild Program

Join Goodwill for the YouthBuild Training & Employment Program

YouthBuild Interest Form

Goodwill Industries of the Valleys operates the YouthBuild Program in the Roanoke Valley along with partners including Virginia Career Works Blue Ridge Region, Habitat for Humanity in the Roanoke Valley, REACH, Build Smart Institute, and Roanoke Valley Alleghany Region 5 Adult Education.

YouthBuild grants support a pre-apprenticeship model to help these young people learn valuable occupational skills. The grant will help provide academic skills, life skills, and training for in-demand occupations to youth ages 16 – 24 who have dropped out of high school. The goal is to help youth achieve a high school diploma or GED and connect them to employment or post-secondary education.

Youth Eligibility

  • 16 – 24
  • Lacking a high school diploma

Program Highlights

The YouthBuild Program will help youth access training and opportunities for employment in the in-demand construction field. Youth will benefit from:

  • Earning your GED
  • Earning a National Center for Construction Education & Research (NCCER) Core Certificate
  • Participating in new and rehab construction of a residential property
  • OSHA training
  • Work based learning
  • Job placement services
  • Opportunities to earn medical certifications

For more information on the YouthBuild Program, e-mail info@goodwillvalleys.com, call (540) 581.0620 option 1, or fill out the interest form above to be contacted by a YouthBuild staff member.

The total cost of the YouthBuild Roanoke program is $1,498,750.00. $1,199,000.00 (80%) is funded through a U.S. Department of Labor-Employment and Training Administration grant. The other $299,750 (20%) is funded through in kind and other non-governmental sources.