Information Technology Training

Click Here to print information on Goodwill Information Technology Programs

Whether you’re learning to use the mouse or you’re seeking a career in Information Technology, the Goodwill Industries of the Valleys technology training programs can help you reach your goals.

From basic computer classes to earning industry recognized advanced technology credentials, our training programs meet you where you are and help you to advance to where you want to be.


The first step is to determine where you are. Prior to enrolling in any class or training program, we will assess your computer knowledge in a variety of areas, including:

Young african american man in a technology training classroom

  • Basic Computer Use
  • Windows Operation System
  • Email
  • Social Media
  • Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
  • Information Literacy and more

Computer Classes

Goodwill offers public computer classes for you to learn how to use a computer or advance your basic computer skills to advance in your career. Classes include:

  • Basic Computer Skills/Keyboarding
  • Beginner Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
  • Internet, Email, Social Media, and more

Seeking a Career in Information Technology

Do you have an interest in pursuing a career in the information technology field? Want a job that pays well and that’s in high demand? The tech industry should be on the top of your list. In fact, careers in technology are predicted to steadily increase in demand and salary over the next 6 to 10 years. Best of all, the chances of advancement are high, along with steady increases in salary with gained experience.

Careers in Technology Training Program

Goodwill’s Careers in Technology* training program helps individuals, age 17 and older to gain the skills needed to have a career in the technology industry. The program seeks to help people who are unemployed or are having trouble making ends meet with their current job. In as little as twelve weeks, those who qualify for the program, receive skills training and the opportunity to earn credentials to get their career started on the right foot. Individuals enrolled in the program will benefit from financial assistance for tuition, books, and exam fees, as well as job-readiness and soft skills training as well as job placement assistance.

By enrolling in the Careers in Technology Training Program, you will learn the skills needed to become a:
Click Here to print information on CiT

  • Technical Support Specialist
  • Helpdesk Technician
  • Network Support Specialist
  • PC Technician
  • User Support Specialist

Through funding from a TechHire grant, students will benefit from the technology training for certifications in areas such:

  • CompTIA A+
  • Network+

*The U.S. Department of Labor- Employment and Training Administration is providing a $1,084,693.78 grant award representing 76 percent of the total cost of operating Careers in Technology training. Goodwill is contributing leveraged funding valued at $333,333 to cover the remaining 24 percent of operational costs.

Goodwill Digital Career Accelerator®

Goodwill Industries of the Valleys received a $300,000 grant from, to provide Digital Career Skills training to the thousands of local residents in our area. This grant is part of a national digital skills training initiative made possible by a $10 million investment from, as part of the Grow with Google initiative to help create economic opportunities for Americans. It will enable more than one million people to receive digital skills training over the next two years at 125 Goodwill organizations nationwide.

By enrolling in our Digital Career Accelerator, you will learn:

  • NorthStar Digital Literacy
  • Basic Computer Skills
  • Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suites
  • Careers in Technology(CIT) A+ Certification
  • Network +, Security +, and Cyber Security +
  • Google IT Support Certification




Discover a career in information technology through a no-cost certificate program developed by The Google IT Support Professional Certificate program is designed to prepare you to start a career in IT support in 8 to 12 months with prior computer experience! Whether you’re a digital native or are completely new to the field, Goodwill can help train you for success in IT. With cutting-edge virtual courses and hands-on labs, the online training will focus on developing skills including:

  • Networking
  • Automation
  • Systems Administration
  • Cybersecurity

The training will prepare students for advanced level positions in the IT industry such as Cyber Security Specialist, Network Administrator/Systems Administrator, and Software/Application Support Specialist.

Fill out the form below to receive more information on
Goodwill Information Technology Training Programs

Information Technology Training Interest Form