Work Incentive Specialist Advocate
In an effort to enhance employment opportunities for persons with disabilities Goodwill Industries of the Valleys offers Work Incentive Specialist Advocate (WISA) services. The program provides all Social Security Administration (SSA) disability beneficiaries with access to benefits planning and assistance services. The ultimate goal of the WISA program is to assist SSA beneficiaries with disabilities in meeting their employment goals.
Work Incentive Specialist Advocate Services
Individuals that may benefit from the services of a Goodwill WISA Benefits Specialist are receiving Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI), a Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services (DARS) client, and:
- Planning to start or return to work or to start their own business
- Planning to accept or seek a higher paying job
- Concerned about no longer working
- Have questions about the Ticket to Work program
- Have other questions about how work will impact their disability benefits
Goodwill’s WISA services are offered to individuals living in the organizations 31 county, 13 city service area.
For more information on the Work Incentives Specialist Advocate call Goodwill Work Training Services at (540) 581.0620 option 2 or e-mail email@example.com.