Goodwill operates the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Adult program for multiple Workforce Investment Areas in Virginia. The program is designed to help adults receive training in demand occupations and find employment.
Career services are offered to all adults at Virginia Workforce Centers and Satellite Offices. These services include:
- Job search and placement assistance, including career counseling
- Labor market information identifying job vacancies, skills necessary for occupations in demand, and relevant employment trends in the local, regional, and national economies
- Initial assessment of skills and needs
- Information on available services and programs
- Follow up services to assist in job retention
Individuals who qualify based on household income can also receive training services that provide industry recognized credentials in demand occupations in the area. Following training, individuals are assisted with finding employment. Training services include:
- Occupational skills training
- Skills upgrading
- On the job training
- Pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship training
- Academic and career preparation for training
- In limited cases, help with transportation and child care to attend training
For more information on the WIOA Adult program, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 581.0620 option 1.
The WIOA Adult program is offered to individuals living in the Counties of Albemarle, Amherst, Appomattox, Augusta, Bath, Bedford, Campbell, Clarke, Culpeper, Fauquier, Floyd, Fluvanna, Frederick, Giles, Greene, Henry, Highland, Louisa, Madison, Montgomery, Nelson, Orange, Page, Pittsylvania, Pulaski, Rappahannock, Rockbridge, Rockingham, Shenandoah, Warren and the Cities of Buena Vista, Charlottesville, Danville, Harrisonburg, Lexington, Lynchburg, Martinsville, Radford, Staunton, Waynesboro, and Winchester.