WIA Title I Adult
Goodwill operates the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Title I Adult programs for multiple Workforce Investment Boards in Virginia. The program is designed to provide services to assist adults in obtaining employment .
Core services are offered to all adults, with no eligibility requirements at Virginia Workforce Centers and Satellite Offices. These services include:
- Job search and placement assistance, including career counseling
- Labor market information identifying job vacancies, skills necessary for occupations in demand, and relevant employment trends in the local, regional, and national economies.
- Initial assessment of skills and needs
- Information on available services and programs
- Follow up services to assist in job retention
Income eligible adults who are unable to find employment through core services may be eligible for intensive services. These services will include
- Case management
- Counseling and career planning
- Development of individual employment plan
- Internships/work experiences
- Job readiness activities
- Adult Education
- Out of the area job search and relocation
In cases where individuals are still not able to find jobs, they may receive training services which are directly linked to job opportunities in their local area. Training may include:
- Occupational skills training
- On the job training
- Skills upgrading
Supportive services may be available to eligible participants and may include:
- Child care
- Transporation assistance
- Work related attire
- Other services may be available based on funding
WIA Title I Adult is offered to Individuals living in the Counties of Albemarle, Alleghany, Bath, Botetourt, Floyd, Fluvanna, Franklin, Giles, Greene, Montgomery, Nelson, Pulaski, and Roanoke and the Cities of Chalottesville, Covington, Radford, Roanoke, and Salem.
For more information on the WIA Title I Adult Program, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 581.0620 option 5.