Your Financial Gift to Goodwill’s Annual Fund Helps People and Families in Our Community
When you make a financial gift to Goodwill’s Annual Fund your support goes to work so people and families in our community can go to work too! From vocational services, work programs, youth mentorships for at-risk youth, and more, your gift ensures these opportunities are afforded to all. With fewer barriers before them, your annual support allows them to chart a new course towards independence.
Donating funds to Goodwill is quick and easy. You may make your donation in one of several ways:
- Click here to make a secure gift online. Want to have even more impact? Choose the recurring gift option and spread your gift over time. Just $20 (or one latte a week) a month adds up to $120 for Goodwill programs and services.
- Mail a check to Goodwill Industries of the Valleys, attn.: Annual Fund, P.O. Box 6159, Roanoke VA 24017
- Call (540) 581.0620 ext. 1184 to make your gift with a credit card over the phone
Gift of Stocks, Life Insurances, Securities, Real Estate, and Personal Property
- Gifts of stock help Goodwill provide programs and services to more individuals, while providing donors with attractive tax benefits. If you’ve held securities for more than a year—and if the value has increased since you originally acquired them—using these shares of stock as the basis for your gift to Goodwill can offer considerable advantage. Contact Steve Kelley, Chief Financial Officer at (540) 581.0620 ext. 1135 or via email or Development at (540) 581.0620 ext. 1184 or via email for more information.
- If your company has a matching gift program, your gift to Goodwill may be doubled or even tripled! Matching gift forms are available in your human resource department. Complete your portion of the form and send it to us at our address or call us for more information.
Memorial and Honor Gifts
- Memorial or honor contributions offer many ways to recognize people who are special to you. Honor gifts can express thanks and appreciation, extend congratulations or convey messages of best wishes. When you make a memorial or honor gift, Goodwill will notify the family or individual of your thoughtfulness.
Bequests – The Edgar J. Helms Legacy Society
- Once you have taken care of your loved ones, please join the Edgar J. Helms Legacy Society and consider designating Goodwill Industries of the Valleys as a direct or remainder beneficiary in your will. Through your bequest, you can provide a gift that ensures future services for people with disabilities and other barriers to employment and independence. See more by clicking here.
Note: To be included in any giving societies, your annual gift/pledge must be received during Goodwill Industries of the Valleys’ fiscal year January 1 – December 31. If matching your gift/pledge, you will receive credit for your gift/pledge and the matched amount. For example, if your company matches your gift/pledge of $500 dollar for dollar, you will be recognized for $1,000 and listed in the Goodwill Ambassador Society.
For additional information contact email@example.com or (540) 581.0620 ext. 1184