Host a Donation Location
- In This Section
- Host a Goodwill Donation Location Form
Interested in having an EDGAR® Donation Box or Attended Donation Center on your property? Last year, more than 890,000 donors brought their donations to Goodwill. Hosting a Goodwill donation location could bring you new customers and benefits both your business and your community. Goodwill Donation Centers and Boxes are a visible sign to the public that your business is a strong community partner.
Host an EDGAR® Donation Box Location
Goodwill’s EDGAR® Donation Boxes are used to collect donations including clothing, housewares, shoes, toys, and other non-breakable items that will be sold in Goodwill retail stores. The Donation Box measures 6ft by 6ft and fits easily into one parking space. Donors can drop their items 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in the pull down door, which closes securely after opening. Charitable tax deduction receipts are not available for donations dropped off in the EDGAR® Donation Box.
- Goodwill will provide a well-maintained and beautifully branded Donation Box on the owner’s property as designated.
- We will pick up donations on a regular basis, ensuring that the donation site stays clean and free of debris.
- A toll-free 1-800 number is provided on the front of each Donation Box in case of an emergency or questions.
Host an Attended Donation Center Location
At Attended Donation Centers (ADCs) Goodwill accepts donations including clothing, housewares, shoes, toys, electronics, computers and related equipment – any brand and any condition, small appliances, and furniture that will be sold in Goodwill retail stores. The ADC fits into a few parking spaces and will be placed as designated by the owner of the property.
- Goodwill will provide a well-maintained Donation Center on the owner’s property as designated.
- The site will be staffed with a Goodwill employee from Monday – Saturday 9am – 5pm and on Sunday 12noon – 5pm. Charitable tax deduction receipts will be made available for donors during regular hours.
- Attendants are trained to be courteous and to keep a watchful eye on their surroundings. Goodwill will pick up donations on a regular basis, ensuring that the donationsite stays clean and free of debris.
Why Host a Goodwill Donation Location?
By allowing the placement of a Goodwill Donation Center or Box on your property, you are supporting Goodwill’s mission of helping people and families in our community achieve a better life through work and independence. Donations make Goodwill work – providing funding for critical work and training services that help individuals find and maintain long-term work and an improved standard of living.
Goodwill will ensure that sites and surrounding areas are kept clean and free of debris, with frequent pick-up service. If, for any reason, the owner’s expectations or requirements are not met, the Donation Center or Box will be removed within three days.