Goodwill Employer Services Benefit Virginia Locales
Through partnerships with local workforce investment boards, Goodwill operates Workforce Centers and One-Stop Centers in the following areas:
- Franklin County
By leveraging the resources of these Centers, Goodwill assists employers in the following areas:
- Job Fairs: Is your company looking to hire for multiple positions? Goodwill can host a job fair for your company at a Workforce Center or your facility.
- Well Trained Employees: Goodwill programs and those of other partnering agencies help individuals receive the training they need to be valuable employees for any business. This enables Goodwill to match employers with employees that meet their job specifications.
- Interviewing Locations: Space is available for employers to conduct interviews off-site in a neutral location.
- Meeting Rooms: Workforce Centers offer meeting rooms for off-site retreats or meetings.
- Employee Assessments: Goodwill can facilitate assessments or screenings of potential or current employees.
- Layoff Resource: Goodwill can assist employers facing a layoff by providing access to layoff aversion strategies and in the case of an actual layoff, can assist employees in their transition to new employment.
- Internships: Through WIA Title I programs Goodwill is able to pay for an individual’s internship. Your company benefits from a well-trained intern at no cost to your business.
- On the Job Training (OJT): OJT provides an opportunity for employers to receive financial assistance for training new employees in the skills needed to perform effectively. The OJT program is ideal for re-careering to a new occupation.