Events and News
- In This Section
Events and News at Your Goodwill
Click on the links below for more information on our events:
- Goodwill® Recognized as One of America’s Most Inspiring Companies by Forbes
- College Donation Drives
- Donation Drives
- Job Seeker Events
- Reality Check
Goodwill® Recognized as One of America’s Most Inspiring Companies by Forbes
Forbes recently released its annual list of America’s Most Inspiring Companies, and for the third year in a row, it included Goodwill. Coming in at #11 in 2014, Goodwill is the only nonprofit to make the prestigious list. Last year, Goodwill ranked #19.
For the entire Forbes article click here.
College Donation Drives
Goodwill Industries of the Valleys is hosting the following donation drives at colleges within our service area:
Jefferson College of Health Sciences April 17th – May 11th
Ferrum College April 17th – May 6th
Liberty University April 28th – May 6th
Southern VA University April 29th – May 8th
Randolph College April 29th – May 20th
Radford University May 4th – May 8th
Lynchburg College May 4th – May 18th
Virginia Military Institute May 11th – May 18th
Goodwill Industries of the Valleys is hosting the following donation drives within our service area:
For more information about your corporation, school, church, or community organization hosting a donation drive click here.
Job Seeker Events
Goodwill offers Job Seeker Events each month that are free and open to the public.
- Job Fairs – Goodwill partners with local businesses that are looking to hire to host job fairs, which are free and open to the public.
- Job Seeker Workshops – Designed to give job seekers the skills necessary to succeed in a highly competitive job market, these seminars and workshops are free and open to the public. Space is limited, job seekers must register to attend.
- Job Clubs – Free and open to the public, job clubs are weekly and monthly opportunities for job seekers to:
- meet and interact with one another
- share job search tips, and results
- gain insight to assist as they prepare for their career
- engage with an interactive group
- leave feeling recharged and ready to find their new job
Young adults imagine the life they will have. But do they really know what it will take to reach their goals of the “dream life”? Reality Check helps them put it in perspective. Using real life situations and allowing the young adults to make their own decisions they become engaged in the process. Reality Check is fun, real, and an active program that allows youth to get a glimpse at what lies ahead in the “real world”.
Reality Check will be in the following locations in May:
5/01/2015 – STEM Program GoodGuides® – Melrose Jobs Campus
5/21/2015 – Beverly Manor – Augusta County
Reality Check will be in the following locations in September:
09/23/2015 – Woodrow Wilson Middle School – Roanoke City
Reality Check will be in the following locations in October:
10/08/2015 – Sandusky Middle School – Lynchburg City
10/15/2015 – Dunbar Middle School – Lynchburg City
10/28/2015 – Breckinridge Middle School – Roanoke City
Reality Check will be in the following locations in November:
11/02/2015 – Rustburg Middle School – Campbell County
11/13/2015 – Wilson Middle Sschool – Augusta County
11/20/2015 – James Madison – Roanoke City
11/24/2015 – Central Academy – Botetourt County
Reality Check will be in the following locations in December:
12/02/2015 – Lucy Addison – Roanoke City
12/10/2015 – Linkhorne Middle School – Lynchburg City
12/17/2015 – Reed Mountain Middle School – Botetourt County
If you are interested in volunteering in one of the Reality Check’s listed above, please email Sarah Stephens at SStephens@goodwillvalleys.com or call 540.581.0620 ext. 222
For more information on Reality Check, e-mail email@example.com or call 540.581.0620 option 6.